How does the Custom Board Process Work?
- We give you an estimate based on the length, model, fins, finish and color. Shipping and packing are options as well. (Shipping within the Continental USA with packing run between $150-$200)
- We require a 50% deposit or $500. We take Visa & Mastercard, Paypal, Cash and Checks. You can either do it on-line or in person. This deposit is refundable up until the board is shaped unless you are requesting a super custom stringer configuration in your blank.
- We go over your order details with you and once we have that complete, we order the blank from US Blanks.
- The blank arrives and in line for shaping. At this time if requested or if design questions still remain, the shaper may call you to nail down the details.
- Once its shaped it will start the glassing process. We shape and glass at our own surfboard factory so we have full control of the process. These are the steps in the glassing process: lamination, hot coat, fin system installation or glass-on, sanding, acrylic or gloss coat & polish.
- We check it out and if it meets our high quality standards, It's done!
- The whole process takes usually between 6-8 weeks but can take longer depending upon your custom options and the season. Spring and Summer are busy!
- We contact you and you can come pick it up and make your final payment, or we can ship it out to you.